Here are your links for an Easter Sunday morning:
- Hisashi Iwakuma threw a 35-pitch simulated game on Friday, and will do the same today before starting his rehab stint on Tuesday.
- Stephen Pryor has been reinstated from the 15-day DL and optioned to Triple-A Tacoma.
- This will probably cause some flashbacks of sadness, but former Mariners first-rounder Jeff Clement has officially retired from baseball.
- Former Mariner Ryan Rowland-Smith (aka "The Hyphen") has been DFA'ed by the Diamondbacks, making him now available to the rest of baseball. Rowland-Smith was a guest on a LL podcast last year as well (it's a pretty great one, too).
- Yet another pair of Texas Rangers find themselves on the DL. This time, it's Jim Adduci and Tanner Scheppers (links to stories for Adduci, Scheppers).
- Houston Astros top prospect Delino DeShields, Jr. suffered a fractured cheek-bone and will be out for multiple weeks.
- The Oakland Athletics signed relief pitcher Sean Doolittle to a 5-year extension.
- Alex Hall of Ahtletics Nation tries to figure out what's wrong with the A's bullpen.
- Athletics Nation also did a similar study to what Logan did earlier in the year to see if opposite field hitting = success.
- Grant Brisbee lists the 10 best logos in MLB history.
- After the rumors that lasted all offseason, Mets' first baseman Ike Davis has finally been traded.
- Aaron Harang is still very confusing.
- Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs (on Fox Sports) tries to figure out if umpires are biased against aces or not.
- Dave Cameron, also on Fangraphs, looks at how the catcher position is changing.
- For those interested in baseball statistics, The Hardball Times breaks down wOBA and explains why it works.
- I think I'm going to start a tradition of ending with something humorous. Here's something you actually might have missed from a recent Mariner game.
- Ok I couldn't resist. Here's another thing.
Feel free to discuss various news, stories, and articles in the comments.