Insert clever April Fools joke here:
- Jeff Sullivan of U.S.S. Mariner has his annual "If It Goes Right" post. Always a great read.
- Jeff and Matthew also have their first podcast in ages where they discuss the Mariners as they begin the season and many other things. I'm actually listening to it as I type this.
- And for a third U.S.S. Mariner link here, Marc W. talks about the mind of a Mariners fan.
- Shannon Drayer recaps the Mariners' spring and the various storylines that brought them to where they are now.
- It's pretty well known that the Mariners travel more than any team in the major leagues, but this year the Mariners will fly the equivalent of two times around the earth.
- Seattle P-I outlines 10 storylines to pay attention to for the 2014 Seattle Mariners season.
- Dave Cameron at Fangraphs gives five predictions for the 2014 season.
- Mike Petriello of Fangraphs believes the Angels have a chance to win the tight AL West.
- Now that Opening Day has passed, Dave Cameron looks at pitchers whose velocity has clearly dropped since last year and what that might mean.
- Beyond the Box Score thinks Manny Machado will be the next Mike Trout.
- Apparently Shin-Soo Choo picked some interesting walk-up music for his first game as a Texas Ranger.
- Ever been to a Mariner game where they showed proposals on the big screen? It's a pretty common occurrence. Michael Katz discovers how much it costs to propose on the big screen at each park in the majors.
- Grant Brisbee tries to figure out the most popular MLB team using Facebook with a cool colorful map that I much enjoy.
- Beyond the Box Score has a great piece on who the most valuable starting pitchers are.
- Don't know if you caught this, but just before yesterday's game between the Angels and Mariners, Angels' hitting coach Don Baylor was injured during the ceremonial first pitch.
- Dodgers' ace Clayton Kershaw looks to be out for at least 2-3 more weeks.
- Rangers' ace Yu Darvish threw an 86-pitch bullpen session and could return from the DL this weekend.
- Rangers' starter Matt Harrison will begin his rehab stint on Thursday.
Feel free to leave your findings from the last few days in the comments!