It might go without saying that 2013 was no one's favorite Mariners season. Instead of harping on the injuries, the disappointing debuts, and the fourth-place finish, however, let's dig up a few highlights from the year. If you haven't purged all memories from last season yet, take a shot at the trivia questions and leave your answers in the comments below.
- Which non-pitcher led the team in fWAR?
- Who had two four-hit games?
- For the first time since 1999, the Mariners placed second overall in what category?
- Name four players who hit over 20 home runs.
- Who pitched the most shutouts?
- How much run support did Felix Hernandez average per game?
- Which reliever recorded the most consecutive scoreless innings?
- Who held the longest hitting streak, and how many games did it last?
- Which player hit two grand slams?
- Three players hit for the cycle in 2013. Two did it against the Mariners. Who were they?
BONUS: Which former Seattle reliever pitched an immaculate inning in 2013?
Answers: 1. Kyle Seager, with 3.4 fWAR. 2. Kendrys Morales -- in back-to-back games. 3. Home runs, with 188. 4. Raul Ibanez (29), Kendrys Morales (23), Kyle Seager (22), Justin Smoak (20). 5. Aaron Harang, with two. 6. 3.83 runs. 7. Tom Wilhelmsen, who set down 16 scoreless innings between April and May. 8. Kyle Seager, with 16 games and 23 hits. 9. Henry Blanco. 10. Mike Trout and Brandon Barnes. BONUS: Steve Delabar, with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- As Spring Training nears, the wait to see if the Mariners are all-in continues
- Remember Stephen Pryor?
- Mariners sign Endy Chavez to minor league deal
- Kevin Mather named new Mariners president
- As we wait to see if Mariners will continue to add, Nintendo faces financial shortcomings