- Neither player was quite sure what to do after Josh Wilson chased a butterfly into the outfield and got stuck in the wall.
Figgins: What's this?
Saunders: A Skittle!
Figgins: A Skittle?
Saunders: Watch what I can do!
Saunders: Run over there!
Figgins: To third base?
Saunders: Yeah, to your base!
Figgins: :walks to third base:
Saunders: Now throw it to me!
Saunders: Throw me the Skittle!
Figgins: :shakes head, pantomimes throwing motion:
Saunders: Throw the Skittle to my mouth!
- In a long seventh inning with Jamey Wright on the mound, Michael Saunders lets out a passive-aggressive exaggerated yawn while Greg Halman considers whether neighboring 8s look more like two sets of eyes or two sets of boobs.
- Halman: A 3 is an 8 that someone took a bite of
- Greg Halman never did believe what Michael Saunders saw in the sky that day.
- Michael Saunders signals for help after a confrontation with Safeco's left-center power alley of death rendered Greg Halman catatonic.
- In the waning days of a go-nowhere season, Seattle Mariners manager Daren Brown devises a radical defensive experiment in which two outfielders play back-to-back and the one facing home attempts to catch all fly balls with his tongue.
- After the rest of the team quickly buddied up, Michael Saunders was less than ecstatic about his assigned partner for the Plate Discipline Olympics.