Rapid fire lunch break wrap-up time!
Dominican: The DSLMs took yesterday off... yes, despite all the rainouts. They will likely play two today against the DSL Phils (44-17), but the rainout against AthleticsDos from 8/19 probably won't get made up as they're not on the schedule (DSL season ends Friday). I'm sure you're deeply crestfallen.
Arizona: Mariners 11, Angels 10
AZLMs: 12-10... AZL Halos: 12-10
Jacob Wild: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 walks, 4 K, Wild pitch (HA GET IT), hit batter
Taylor Bills: two outs, walk
Julio Santiago: 2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 K, wild pitch
Robbie Dominguez: no outs recorded, 1 H, 3 ER, 3 walks
Travis Mortimore: 2 IP, 1 H, (3 R) 1 ER, walk, 2 K, wild pitch, 2 hit batters
Daniel Carroll: 2-4, double, triple, 3 R, 2 RBI, walk, 2 K, SB #26 (.328/.425/.417)
Brandon Fromm: 2-4, double, RBI, 2 K (.254/.318/.410)
Juan Fuentes: 2-5, double, R, RBI, 2 K (.327/.383/.416)
Mario Martinez: 2-5, R, RBI (.261/.288/.330)
Alfredo Mateo: 1-4, double, 2 R, RBI, walk, K (.289/.359/.391)
Maximo Mendez: 1-3, triple, R, 2 RBI, 2 walks, K, SB #11 (.243/.371/.424)
Anthony Phillips: 2-4, R, 2 K (.308/.400/.318)
This was, as you'd think, a back and forth ballgame. The AZLMs got a quick 2-0 lead in the 2nd and then in the 5th, it took off. Daniel Carroll doubled in Anthony Phillips with one out in the top half, and Carroll later scored on a passed ball witht wo outs to make it 4-0... but the Halos snuck in a run on a groundout and got an RBI double from Ivan Contreras to make it 4-2. Taylor Bills came in to bail out Jacob Wild, walked the bases loaded... but got out alive.
In the 6th, Maximo Mendez drew a one out walk, stole 2nd, and scored on a two out Anthony Phillips single to make it 5-2. In the bottom half, however, Julio Santiago gave up a one out single and double back to back to allow a comeback run that cut it to 5-3.
In the top 7th, Daniel Carroll led off with a walk, Brandon Fromm bunted him over and Juan Fuentes singled him in to make it 6-3. Alfredo Mateo then doubled in Juan Fuentes to make it 7-3, and Mateo came in on another Halos passed ball to make it 8-3. The Halos got one back in the bottom half off a Michael Wing double to make it 8-4.
The AZLMs had a huge chance to blow it open in the top 8th. Denny Almonte singled to lead off. Anthony Phillips bunted him ahead for one out, and 1B Seth Loman saw Almonte still going to 2nd, so he threw to 2nd... YIKES AND AWAY. Almonte went for broke, turned 3rd and went for home, but CF Clayton Fuller got the ball, threw home and gunned Almonte down for the 2nd out. Tyson Gillies drew a walk, stole 2nd, took 3rd on the 3rd passed ball of the game by catcher Scott Knazek... but was stranded as Daniel Carroll struck out to end the frame.
Robbie Dominguez came in and gave up a walk, walk, double and a walk to make it 8-5. Travis Mortimore came in and promptly plunked Clayton Fuller to force in a run, 8-6. Probably not what he wanted. A groundout cashed in another run, 8-7, and Mortimore dispatched the enxt two hitters to get out.
Time for the big finish! Top 9th:
- Pitcher Change: Cephas Howard replaces Dylan Lindsey.
- Brandon Fromm strikes out swinging.
- Juan Fuentes doubles (9) on a fly ball to left fielder Tyler Mann.
- Offensive Substitution: Pinch runner Israel Nunez replaces Juan Fuentes.
- With Mario Martinez batting, wild pitch by Cephas Howard, Israel Nunez to 3rd.
- Mario Martinez singles on a ground ball to center fielder Clayton Fuller. Israel Nunez scores (9-7).
- Alfredo Mateo reaches on throwing error by first baseman Seth Loman. Mario Martinez to 3rd.
- Maximo Mendez triples (6) on a line drive to right fielder Angel Castillo. Mario Martinez scores. Alfredo Mateo scores (11-7).
- Denny Almonte reaches on a fielder's choice out, second baseman Ivan Contreras to third baseman Michael Wing to catcher Scott Knazek to shortstop Darwin Perez. Maximo Mendez out at home.
- Pitcher Change: A. J. Ford replaces Cephas Howard.
- Anthony Phillips called out on strikes.
- Israel Nunez remains in the game as the catcher.
- Tyler Mann strikes out swinging.
- Scott Knazek walks.
- With Luke Gordon batting, wild pitch by Travis Mortimore, Scott Knazek to 2nd.
- Luke Gordon hit by pitch.
- Darwin Perez singles on a ground ball to first baseman Brandon Fromm. Scott Knazek to 3rd. Luke Gordon to 2nd.
- Ivan Contreras grounds into a force out, second baseman Anthony Phillips to shortstop Mario Martinez. Scott Knazek scores (11-8). Luke Gordon to 3rd. Darwin Perez out at 2nd. Ivan Contreras to 1st.
- With Clayton Fuller batting, Ivan Contreras steals (20) 2nd base, Luke Gordon scores. Ivan Contreras scores (11-10). Throwing error by catcher Israel Nunez.
- Clayton Fuller flies out to center fielder Maximo Mendez.
a: Everett 5, Spokane 1
EVE: 27-35... SPO: 29-32
Juan Carlos Ramirez: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 walks, 5 K, 2 wild pitches, balk, hit batter
Keith Meyer: 2 IP, 2 H, 3 K, hit batter
Aaron Brown: 2 IP, 2 K
Manelik Pimentel: 2-3, R (.274/.347/.414)
Joe Dunigan: 1-3, RBI (.210/.267/.277)
Kalian Sams: 1-2, 2 run HR, walk (.220/.316/.407)
After an early Indians run, the Aquasox pounded in 4 runs in the 4th, powered by a 2 run bomb from Kalian Sams, and the pitching staff and defense took it from there.
A: Peoria 8, Wisconsin 0
WIS: 23-34... PEO: 32-26
Anthony Varvaro: 3.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 3 walks, K
Rollie Gibson: 1.2 IP, 3 H, (2 R) 0 ER, K
Family Warrior Harold Williams: 2 IP, 1 H, 4 K
Andrew Barb IS BACK: 1 IP, 2 H, K
LOL Leury Bonilla: 1 IP, K
James McOwen: 1-3, double, K (.275/.297/.323)
rest of T-Rats lineup: 3-26, 4 walks, 9 K
Move along, nothing to see here... other than the return of Andrew Barb and an exhausted bullpen warranting the 2nd pitching appearance of the season for embattled infielder Leury Bonilla.
A+: Lancaster 17, High Desert 3
Mavs: 20-39... Jethawks: 36-23
Cibney Bello: 5 IP, 9 H, 8 ER (2 HR), 2 walks, 4 K, wild pitch
Aaron Cotter: one out, annihilated
Nick Allen: 1.2 IP, 1 H
Steve Uhlmansiek: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 2 walks
Aaron Jensen: no outs recorded, 1 H, 1 ER
Jose Escalona: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 K, balk
The Mavs were two hit. Adam Moore's hit drove in two runs and Carlos Triunfel's hit was a double.
And that's all I'm saying about that.
AA: Chattanooga 8, West Tenn 0
WTN: 24-34... CHA: 30-28
Justin Thomas: 1.2 IP, LOL.
Chris Jakubauskas: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 4 walks, 3 K
Juan Sandoval: 1 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, K
David Asher: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 K
Brent Johnson: 2-4 (.300/.385/.420)
you don't want to know the rest.
Sam Lecure allowed one hit over 7 and struck out 11 DIAMOND JAXX, so this was pretty much a complete ass whipping.
AAA: Portland 9, Tacoma 6
TAC: 61-71... POR: 55-77
Sean White: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, walk, 3 K, hit batter
The Aircraft Carrier: 2.1 IP, 6 H, 6 ER (HR), walk (intentional), 2 K. He's not getting called up.
Jake Woods: 2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, K, hit batter
Nick Green: 2-5, triple, R, K (.307/.357/.545)
Jeremy Reed: 2-3, R, 2 walks (.291/.346/.438)
Bryan LaHair: 2-5, R, 2 RBI, 2 K (.272/.328/.416)
Charlton Jimerson: 4-5, R, RBI, K, SB
Jeff Clement: 3-5, double, RBI (.264/363/.492)
Rob Johnson: 2-5, R, RBI, 2 K (.262/.326/.367)
Prentice Redman: 1-5, double, K
Well, Rick White earned a callup despite being a sucktastic AAAA vet that has no business in the majors, so there may be hope for Nick Green yet!
Also, the loss was all Aircraft Carrier's fault. I'm out of time!