Yesterday, the Mariners officially opened their doors for business and the sale began. Gone are Randy Winn and Miguel Olivo. Arriving are Jesse Foppert(!), Yorvit Torrealba, Miguel Ojeda and Nataneal Mateo. More moves should be in store for the M's today as they continue to reshuffle their roster as they head down the final stretch and what should be another interesting winter.
A quick breakdown of yesterday's deals for those who may have missed them:
* M's sent OF Randy Winn to the San Francisco Giants for RHP Jesse Foppert and C Yorvit Torrealba.
* M's sent C Miguel Olivo to the San Diego Padres for C Miguel Ojeda and RHP Nataneal Mateo. (Would a trade deadline be complete without a trade with the Padres?)
What other moves are in store for the big club? There should be at least another trade or two today, with a couple players being called up from the minor leagues as well.
Players who could be dealt today:
* Ron Villone
* Eddie Guardado
* Jamie Moyer
* Dave Hansen
* Joel Pineiro
Players who should be joining the big league club soon:
* Jamal Strong (more than likely today)
* George Sherrill (more than likely today)
* Felix Hernandez (will be up with the club in a couple days)
* Jeff Harris (dependent on another bullpen arm getting dealt)
* Chris Snelling (August 6th)
It figures to be another busy day for Bill Bavasi (who has done a terrific job thus far) and we will keep you posted on all the day's news and rumors throughout the morning.