Some of you outside the Seattle area might remember having a choice to make last spring:
- Buy MLB.tv for $80 (or $15/month), which lets you watch Mariners games live online.
- Buy MLB All Access for $110 (or $20/month), which gives you the whole package, including live broadcasts (video and audio), condensed games, highlights, the whole nine yards.
- Buy MSN Premium for $10/month, with the first three months free, which includes MLB All Access.
Well, such a choice is no longer offered. Perhaps Major League Baseball got wise to the fact that they were hurting themselves by offering All Access to MSN Premium subscribers; that deal is no longer on the table.
Instead, you have three choices:
- Gameday audio, for $14.95.
- MLB.tv for $79.95.
- MLB All Access for $99.95.
If you're also a suboptimally-located Mariners fan (or a fan of any other team, for that matter), those are your choices for live game coverage.