- In case you missed the news, word is the Mariners might be looking for another starting pitcher to help bolster the roation.
- Minor League Ball analyzes the draft picks by AL West teams.
- Beyond the Box Score thinks that Cubs' pitcher and possible Mariner trade target Jeff Samardzija is an ace.
- Brendan Gawlowski at Prospect Insider discusses the finance dance that surrounds the MLB draft.
- Yoenis Cespedes had a sick throw from the outfield the other day that some are comparing to Ichiro's famous 2001 throw that nailed Terrence Long trying to advance to third.
- Grant Brisbee takes this as a prime opportunity to list the best throws in the last 25 years.
- Yu Darvish tossed his first ever major league shutout when he beat the Marlins last night.
- Athletics Nation looks at how Josh Donaldson has done against top tier pitchers.
- Crawfish Boxes argues that the Astros' latest hot streak was caused due to their luck catching up with them.
- Brin-Jonathan Butler has a quality piece on the life of a Cuban player trying to make it in the bigs.
- Dan Farnsworth at The Hardball Times questions if being left-handed actually helps fast players get to first base more efficiently.
- Tony Blengino of Fangraphs talks about what it's like to be a team in "sell" mode.
- While many fans might despise rain-outs, some players can still have a fun time.
Question of the day: What's the best fielding play (of any kind) you've ever seen in real time (TV or in person)?