Bad news: Today is an off-day for the M's.
Good news: We've got your links right here so you don't go through baseball withdrawal!
- James Paxton and Taijuan Walker each threw bullpen sessions on Wednesday, and it sounds like Paxton should be headed out on a rehab assignment shortly. Also in that piece is the latest on Logan Morrison, who should embark on a rehab assignment (probably a lengthy one) shortly.
- Ryan Divish and Adam Jude of the Seattle Times talk about how, even though he's been doing great, James Jones can still become even better.
- As you probably know by now, Jose Fernandez is likely done for the year. Grant Brisbee discusses the five stages of losing this wonderful pitcher.
- Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs talks about how Garrett Richards' success this year actually makes some sense and likely isn't a fluke.
- As if Texas hasn't had enough injury problems, Matt Harrison will likely have back surgery and Martin Perez has torn his UCL.
- David Schoenfeld of ESPN believes that the Rangers are screwed without the two aforementioned injured pitchers.
- In other AL West injury news, Astros' pitcher Jose Cisnero will require Tommy John Surgery (wow, never heard that one before!)
- Beyond the Box Score discusses Jesse Chavez and what has fueled his rise this year.
- Lev Facher of Athletics Nation argues that there is no rush to establish a designated closer in Oakland.
- Free-agent reliever Todd Coffey is attempting to make a comeback, and had a showcase recently in which the Mariners were noted as being in attendance (but, why shouldn't they be?). He is expected to sign soon.
- Randy Wolf, who has been bouncing around a lot this year, has signed with the Marlins.
- Yu Darvish's latest no-hit bid was recently ruled as a two-hitter thanks to a scoring change.
- The Hardball Times has yet another great piece up about the international draft and why it probably shouldn't be implemented.
- Maybe the White Sox PR department has some work to do when it comes to player relations.
- Some broadcasters lack basic astronomy knowledge.