Here are your Sunday morning links!
- Taijuan Walker has been promoted to Triple-A Tacoma for a rehab outing, as Blake Beavan will be slated to start on Tuesday against the Rangers.
- Hisashi Iwakuma is reportedly still a good ways away from beginning a minor league rehab assignment.
- This was pretty big news at the time, but I case you missed it, Michael Pineda got himself into a little bit of trouble.
- Don't know if you noticed, but during a recent broadcast of an M's game ROOT made up new stats such as "ultra quality start" and "mega quality start." Beyond the Box Score takes a look at these stats and how they relate to King Felix.
- Beyond the Box Score thinks it might be time to tinker with the formula for WAR.
- Perhaps it's time agents got over-use clauses into contracts for relievers, argues Beyond the Box Score.
- Seems like every young pitcher is dazzling these days, right? SB Nation's Bryan Gosnick tries to pin down why that might be.
- Alex Skillin thinks the A's are well-equipped to succeed even in spite of a plethora of injuries in the rotation.
- Athletics Nation breaks down Yoenis Cespedes' mechanics to figure out how he could become an elite hitter.
- The Hardball Times looks at Marcus Stroman and how the uniqueness of his fastball has spawned the new "Stroman Fastball."
- The Hardball Times also breaks down the possible correlation between temperature and runs scored in a game with some cool charts and interactive stuff!
- Prospect Insider looks at players who are on "milestone watch."
- Rumor has it the Red Sox offered Jon Lester a four-year contract extension that was rejected. The two sides are still open to further negotiations, however.
- The Milwaukee Brewers made a music video for the song "Happy".
- Also, rumor has it the Brewers are interested in somehow-still-a-free-agent Kendrys Morales.
Read any good articles lately? Have any reactions to these here articles? Know of any other news I missed? Feel free to discuss these things in the comments!