After over 700 comments, and enough animated .GIFs to choke closed Mauna Loa, the final official post of LL's founder and original voice may be a bit much for some browsers to handle.
In amongst those comments, though, seattlebruin started a great and rather natural subthread: links to some of the writing that kept us coming back to the site long after the M's fell out of contention each year. What follows is an attempt to carry over the links from there, and to provide a place to provide one's links to favorite posts or quips.
- Please put target=new into the HTML of your link, as SBN 3.0 in its infinite wisdom doesn't let you set links to open in new windows when you're adding links in comments. (One does that after the end ", after the URL, before the > that precedes the description of the link.)
- Also, posting animated GIFs here could likely bog this post down eventually, and just cause the same damned problem I'm trying to get around. But really, I'm not a mod - I'm not even the boss of you - so whatever.
- If the title doesn't necessarily jog the memory as to what the post's memorable for, throw in something else as the link description. I did that in a few places below and tried to italicize where I did.
Perhaps if Jon and other new mods think this worthy, a link to this post (or something similar yet better) could go in among the site guidelines and other links, so that future reguLLars will know what they're missing.
"To the jump"? Is that how the kids say it? I don't see a jump thingy here. Anyway.
edit, 3/19: I won't keep up with this after a certain point, but yuniform made a decent suggestion to try to shuffle the links below in chronological order. I did so, approximately, and updated with links from the comments up to sometime 3/19.
- Jamie Burke's Home Run
- Torii Hunter
- LLemmies: 2008 (1, 2); 2009 (1, 2); 2010 (1, 2)
- A Recap In Pictures (Jeff Watches King Awesome)
- Diary Of A Man Who Refuses To Date Girls Who Either Like Or Associate With People Who Like The Movie 'White Chicks'
- The Washburn Trade Gets On Jeff's Last Nerve
- 61-101 Tuesdays With Sean Green (initial)
- Tuesdays With Sean Green (post-trade)
- If It Goes Wrong
- The All-Jane Austen Team
- Giant Walking Banana (and, A Threat Emerges)
- Starting a Meme
- First Half In Review: Mariners As Things In Or Near My Apartment
- Thoughts On A Picture
- Some Thoughts On Game 4 Of The NLCS
- One of These Days
- Greg Halman
- Jeff Gray At A Conference
- Jason Vargas Dazzles, Wins Duel Against Vastly Superior Pitcher
- Jeff Gray Writes In His Journal (But Not Really Because This Is Fake)
- An Introduction To National League Baseball
- It Dawns On Miguel Olivo
- Seattle's Backyard Sleeper
- World Series Preview
- Munenori Kawasaki Personality Test
- Guiding Human Behavior Via Guerrilla Social Media Tactics: A Study