The last OT's comment count was making my ancient browser cry, and it's a couple days away from closing anyway, so here's a brand new one!
I have nothing compelling to discuss, so let's take a page from msb and see what happened today in history, shall we?
- The US celebrated its first Thanksgiving on this day in 1777.
- Ten years later, New Jersey became the third state to ratify the US Constitution.
- In 1892, The Nutcracker was first performed in Russia, to the eventual delight of local and regional ballet companies everywhere.
- In 1917, the 18th Amendment was passed by Congress.
- Notable births: Joseph Stalin, Ty Cobb, Betty Grable, Steven Spielberg, Keith Richards, Charles Oakley, Brad Pitt, Mick Collins, and Christina Aguilera, among others.
- Notable deaths: Several, but the main one that jumps out at me provides me a great excuse to link to the best Christmas song ever. RIP, Kirsty MacColl.