I think with the whole Angels-signing-Pujols-and-Wilson thing going on today, Lookout Landing could use a little extra levity. Since I know a number of you all are fans of the cartoon Phineas and Ferb, I will pass along the rules I've put together for the Phineas and Ferb drinking game.
Each player taking part in the drinking game chooses a character to play along with. So far I have conditions for Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Perry the Platypus, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, and the Field.
Now, to the conditions:
- He says, "I know what we're gonna do today."
- He asks, "Where's Perry?"
- When the "Aren't you a little young to..." gag is used.
- Isabella says "Whatcha Dooooin'?" (Also counts on the rare occasion he says it instead)
- Anyone makes a comment about his head shape.
- He says, "There you are, Perry."
- Speaks (Not sings, speaks).
- Is alone in frame (or no other characters are distinguishable).
- Blinks, accompanied by sound effect.
- When his work or plans are praised by Phineas.
- She says, "Mom."
- She says, "Jeremy."
- We see Candace's friend on the other end of the phone.
Perry the Platypus
- Pulls his hat out from hammerspace.
- Is trapped by Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz says, "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!"
- Says any word ending in "-inator."
- Says "Tri-State Area."
- Says "Perry the Platypus."
- Carl appears or is heard from.
- Mom is seen at her activity (i.e. playing bridge, cooking class, etc.).
- The Fireside Girls appear or are referenced.
- A Fireside Girl(s) earns a badge.
- There is a Plot Crossover (i.e. Vanessa and Ferb meet, Dr. Doofenshmirtz's wife and P&F's Mom meet, but NOT when Dr. Doofenshmirtz's device pulls a deus ex machina wiping out P&F's "thing of the day," leaving Mom looking at situation normal when she gets home).
- Giant Floating Baby Head appears.
- Buford does something un-bullylike.
Other Rules and Guidelines
- The opening doesn't count. Candace shouldn't drink at "Mom, Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!"
- Considering the frequency of each condition, drinks should probably have the alcohol content of a shot of beer if people don't want to get absolutely blitzed. Seriously, if you play these rules, you're going to need serious help if you do shots of liquor and you're playing as Doofenshmirtz or Candace. Drink responsibly. You may want to just have a drink in front of you and take sips.
- When the song of the episode is over, any player whose character sings must finish his/her drink.
- When Candace says "Mom" multiple times in succession, it may be treated as a single utterance.
- Any time a character switches direction on a comment. There's got to be a TV Tropes name for this, but I don't know it. (i.e. Candace is crying audibly, Phineas, outside her door, says "Oh my gosh, Ferb, I can't believe it, I've never noticed how soft our carpets are! ... But more importantly...), the player with that character drinks.
- Candace and Dr. Doofenshmirtz will often have very high drink quantities.
Since these rules are in Beta, let me know what you think. I think the Field needs some more conditions in order to be more consistent from episode to episode. Also, for some reason, Phineas seems to be a little lower than I want. Feel free to comment with additional conditions.
Have fun! And don't die, already.