NEW YORK - JULY 01: Josh Wilson #16 of the Seattle Mariners makes a catch against the New York Yankees in front of teammate Michael Saunders #55 on July 1 2010 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx borough of New York City. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
- As Josh Wilson flags down a pop fly, Michael Saunders has a chilling flashback to a tragic accident below a burning high-rise.
Saunders: You were just in front of me
Wilson: Now I'm over here!
Saunders: But how?
- With Sean White on the mound, Michael Saunders attempts to catch a beach ball hit into play, prompting Daren Brown to prepare a lesson on understanding hyperbolic metaphors.
Saunders: It clearly says "for dinger hitters only" like right there
Wilson: gotta go
- The Mariner bullpen applauds a running catch by Josh Wilson while Garrett Olson rides an imaginary rollercoaster.
- In a showdown of spectator chicken, the Mariner bullpen cheers the fans as the fans cheer the game.
- Given how little visible reason there is to believe he's a professional athlete, behind his back might be the worst possible place for Josh Wilson to keep his baseball glove.
Saunders: Kentucky bluegrass? This is like 90% red fescue. What are we playing on, the prairie?
Wilson: Play the game and quit being a lil bitch