Yesterday's offtopic was probably good but I never read all the comments because I came in too late. Whatever. Because I'm lazy, I'd imagine it's time to start a new offtopic. I've become somewhat active lately after a year of lurking and another year of scattered postings, culminating in my recent name change. I'm now attempting my first offtopic, emboldened by the fact that it's 5am and I'll be asleep by the time everybody starts posting.
I thought I'd generate some topics for those with an appetite for distant lands.
1. Language- Which language would you prefer to learn, if given the choice? Which would you find most/least practical? What language is the funniest to speak or hear?
2. Place- Place in the world you'd love to go to? Place you loved? Place that sounds overrated? Place that IS overrated? Let's hear about the world.
3. Food- Favorite type of foreign food? Least favorite? Favorite foreign dish to cook? Recipes are always welcome.
4. Films- Favorite foreign film? Least favorite? Why the heck does anyone enjoy dubbed films?
5. Beer- Yeah yeah... You guys (and ladies) like your beer. Best beers from around the world!
Bonus- Your multinational(!) plane is going down and you can save 3 people from the various nations of the world. Which three nationalities would you like represented with you on a tropical island? Who might stereotypically be the most helpful? Least?