There's no baseball until Thursday, the old one is filling up, and I am trying hard not to work this afternoon, so here's an empty off topic waiting to be filled with the pearls of your coLLective (coLLected?) wisdom.
We spend a lot of time talking about movies, TV, and music, but don't talk about books (at least books that aren't about dreamy sparkly vampires) very much. The last thread's "I Write Like" link got me to thinking about books, so here's some book related questions!
1. If you could only read the works of one author for the rest of your life, which author would you choose?
2. If you had to name a single favorite book, which book would that be?
3. Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
4. What book have you yet to read that you are excited about?
5. What was the most recent book you finished reading?
6. What were the most recent few books you bought?
7. What book have you tried to read because you were told it was great, only to give up because you didn't see what all the fuss was about?
So that's your discussion starter for this here OFFTOP. Talk about the All Star Game, or don't, whatever, I'll be sanding my deck and won't pay attention but THIS TIME IT COUNTS! again.