Since yesterday's fanpost is already bringing my browser to its knees, I thought it might be time for a new OT. This is my first, so please don't be shy in offering up constructive criticism, destructive criticism, incisive criticism, or even completely unwarranted abuse or mocking.
I'm taking the materialistic route this time with the suggested topics:
- Of all of your possessions, what's your favorite? Feel free to define your own criteria here - this could be the most important item for your day-to-day life, it could be the item that brings you the most joy, it could even be the object with the most sentimental value.
- If you had an extra $1,000 to spend, how would you spend it? Would you spend that money on something practical or something fun?
- What's your favorite newer car? What's your favorite older car? What under-$50K car would you choose to show up to a fancy party?
- Courtesy of wyte_lightning, a beer topic - what's your absolute favorite beer?
- What's your TV solution? Do you have cable, satellite, an antenna, or do you survive on streaming video?
- What's your favorite invention/innovation that became a mainstream success in the last 10 years?
- What was the first video game you spent any real time playing?
I'll try to jump in to do the next OFFTOP as well to give the flip side of this materialistic post.
Of course, all the usual topics are fair game as well, such as beer, video games, sports, food, bow-hunting, lawn care, Egyptian archaeology, general tomfoolery, and hilarious irrelevance. Also: baseball!