Some general observations:
- The AL East takes the WC 98% of the time.
- For all the talk about how lousy the AL West is, it's worth pointing out that the AL Central is pretty mediocre too.
- Texas averages almost 900 runs allowed.
- Toronto and Baltimore are boned
- Despite the fact that Cleveland and Detroit average more wins per season, the only non AL East teams to win the WC are Oakland and Seattle.
Some Mariner-specific observations:
- 15% chance of making the playoffs!
- If there are some breakout seasons from a young position player or two, things could get really interesting in a hurry. The run differential isn't as big as I thought it might be.
- The projected run differential is -24. The actual run differential of the 2007 Mariners was -19.
There's lots of neat stuff here. Definitely worth a look, like all things THT.