The 2nd series is about to start on TBS and I missed the fist series, only now catching it on Comcast 'On Demand'. I recommend it here because:-
1) It's actually funny. None of the main characters is dislikeable.
2) Main character is a baseball writer and every episode is framed in baseball terms. If the female writer/narrator sounds very SexInTheCity-esque, you are correct and there is a good SITS spoof in one episode.
3) Chicago Cubs Baseball features heavily throughout. Not in a stupid Everyone Loves Jim Belushi way either
4) Actress who plays the lead is super-smoking hot
5) Co-Stars Jim Gaffigan
6) There's a storyline in the last episode based on one characters asserttion that he could take a 90mph fastball to the head and not be a wuss. There could only be one way to resolve it and it's funny.
7) Actress who plays the lead is super-smoking hot. Yes, hot enough to get listed twice.