To keep the clutter out of other threads. Topics up for grabs:
Even as the Angels continue to pursue Mark Teixeira, it appears that Raul Ibanez has emerged as their No. 1 alternative if Teixeira signs elsewhere. There were indications that the Angels already have begun negotiating the parameters of a deal with Ibanez on a just-in-case basis.
- A.J. Burnett appears headed to a five-year, 85-90 million contract with the Yankees.
- Derek Lowe might also be signed by the Yankees.
- The Yankees are trying to pry Mike Cameron away from the Brewers. The Yankees appear seriously pissed about missing the playoffs.
- Nick Punto gets a two-year, $8.5 million contract?
- Seriously, holy crap are the Tigers retarded.