One of the things that interests me a lot is the fluid nature of the offseason; how plans change radically once the free agent prices begin to be set (woohoo Pineiro gets 2Y/13M!!) and trade rumors begin to filter down. It all culminates in about 2 months at the winter meetings, and then we usually see the drawn out signings of a few FAs over Jan/Feb as the talks turn to ST roles and such.
So, depending on how well this goes, I was thinking it might be interesting to take a straw poll of people's expectations for the offseason at regular intervals, maybe every 4-8 weeks or so.
When I started this post (about 90 seconds ago), I was thinking only in terms of what you actually think the Ms FO would do, not what you would try to do, but now I've reconsidered. So here's what I'll ask (not that even 15% will listen).
- Put a least a nanosecond of thought into it.
- Predict what you think the Ms will do.
- If you do #2, feel free to chime in with what you would try to do (revisit #1 first though).
- Ms trade Wlad + Rob Johnson + C-level pitching prospect to Florida for Dontrelle Willis
- Retain Sexson, Vidro and Ibanez in their 07 roles.
- Adam Jones is the RF starter.
- Sign a veteran, shitty 2B.
- Sign a veteran, shitty RP.
- Begin the year with RRS in the rotation and Morrow back in the pen.
- Weaver + Horacio + Guillen gone